Sunday, 19 October 2014

Midas Touch Of My Long Lost Companion



Though last 20 yrs. Of my life was not easy for me to survive but I was never this devastated before. I was pained, I suffered a lot but I never felt this alone and helpless as I am feeling now. I don’t know what is it with the year,that it has made me see the worst sides of my life. The more it has made me stronger the weaker I have become emotionally and personally. Though it has helped me to develop a “ care a damn “ kind of attitude towards the world but at the same time it has made me care a lot for my own self. I have become more vulnerable to the loneliness in my life and it’s getting really hard for me to bear it anymore. A void is there in my heart and hollowness in my feelings. It’s really painful to feel every damn emotion at its extreme and I am bearing that pain from more than a decade now. It seems like a season of loneliness, pain and voidness has frozen my whole life. I can only live in pain and loneliness, I can only breath in that and I am nurturing myself from that only. This year has made me extremely vulnerable and has destroyed my self-control brutally. This year is changing me slowly and slowly. I wonder if I would ever be able to gain my lost parts or would ever be able to regain myself again in any part or path of my life. It’s killing my innocence and I can only watch helplessly loosing the most treasured possession of mine. I don’t even know what I will become after this phase, how I will survive this period and what I will be left with.
I feel so helpless and tired and don’t know why all of a sudden I am this much broken that I can’t even have strength to boost myself control, to collect my broken pieces. I am bleeding hard with my each broken pieces and my every broken pieces is hurting me to no extent. I think this year will going to destroy me totally to an extent I will never be able to re-create myself ever. And moreover either its creation in its all natural form, something cannot be re-created as it was  used to be or if it happens by any means then it will never be same again. I really don’t know what is it with this year that I just wanna disappear in thin air and don’t wanna feel the way I feel which I don’t even know. I have read Eliot’s “Wasteland “and “hollow men” and I can exactly feel the same feeling creeping inside me with each passing day. I feel day by day my heart & soul is converting into wasteland and a hollowness and void in my thoughts. Every rational and motivational thoughts is left somewhere behind and here I am burning in my own hell with no one to tell me a way out or help me out. I was alone and maybe I will be alone but now I am so alone in my loneliness also. Loneliness however is sometime so creative but I am surrounded by a destructive loneliness destroying me to an extent I doubt I will ever be same again, giving scars to my soul which will going to last forever, snatching   dreams from my sleep giving me sleepless nights and a day full of an unknown painful restlessness and helplessness. I am living alone in a world full of people and surviving lonely in a crowded world. Surrounded with my own people or say family and friends I still stand lonely everywhere b’ coz everyone is busy in their own materialistic showoffs , no one care if u live or die, no one care if their attitude is killing something noble and divine every second . This is how this world goes on, the typical materialistic society. People around me feel satisfied and happy by adoring me with clothes and money, I wish they could have ever understood, that will not buy me happiness and those expensive clothes will not satisfy my craving soul which crave for togetherness, care, understanding, trust, love; which crave for their time which they don’t have for me. Nothing can compensate these feelings. People try to compensate these feelings by giving money and clothes, how pathetic it is. Nothing can compensate the time one take out from their busy schedule to be with their loved ones.
May be someday all those people realize this and want to fill the gaps created by them but some mistakes can never be corrected. As its told time cannot stop for anyone neither it ever return so u can never go back in time to clear the mess you have created. Whatever is happening and what it is making me day by day and how it is changing me bit by bit will never be undone. So one can never change the persona of mine which has gone through all destructions. The gaps time has created will never fill again, and the scars it has given on my soul will last forever. I will never be same again but I wish to see what I gain in this bargain of my lost soul…………….

With these lines Manvi closed her diary which she has found a day back while cleaning her house for Diwali. She remembers she was cleaning her old books in the storeroom when she found her personal diary lying in a corner which held so many untold moments and feelings of her life. A rush of familiar emotions rushed through her heart and she felt so many emotions coming alive with the touch of her best companion: her diary. Manvi was no writer but pains and helplessness in her life has forced her to pen down her emotions on paper to be sane either she has been insane with all the happenings in her life. At first it was her frustration and anger which she share with her diary but later it became a nice escape from the world of pain, a platform to share her feelings and the journey continues, and when that non-living diary converted into a wonderful living companion she don’t know. But those diary writings gave her self control and hope and moreover it has brought the writer side of her to the canvas of life. She started painting her life with the brush of words on the pages of diary. Though there was pain in her life but she learned to cope up with it and stay stronger. She started learning with her every pain and that has shaped her life.
To find her old companion once again she became exited just like a child she used to be in her childhood and started going through the pages with tears in her eyes and a sweet smile on her lips. It’s like all moments came alive with the touch. She was touching the pages of diary so affectionately like she was hugging her best friend. It was strange to feel a feeling so divine, so pure, so unconditional love to a non –living object, but that diary was not non living for Manvi but it is her past life she was touching, it was her own self she was living which she has lost somewhere....

The shriek tone of ringing alarm brought her back to the present and with a sigh she turn off the alarm and with an affectionate touch she put her diary in her drawer and locked it. Taking a long breath she looked outside her window to witness the fresh morning rays peeping through her window and the chirping of birds indicating the start of a new day. Though nothing is different about the morning neither the day ahead but she has changed a bit over night. As usual she has no one to hear her out or understand her but she care not as she has found her best companion to share her heart felt feelings with and she is sure this will bring the best out of her and she will once again be able to gain her lost self control.
With these thought, determined she moved towards her kitchen to prepare breakfast for her kids and husband. While working in kitchen she put on her favorite music after a long time and enjoyed her daily chorus. While working she was humming herself and enjoying her work. That’s how her husband Abhimaan found her when he walked in the kitchen to ask for tea and got surprised to see Manvi like that. He stood in the corner watching her humming the song and working, as she was oblivious of his presence. For standing there for five minutes and not getting her attention finally he coughed. That has worked and she stopped singing abruptly and turned toward him startled. Finding him there she took a sigh of relief and uttered with a fake anger:
 Maan u scared me...

u wake up!!!

Ok go and sit in the living room I will  bring you tea there only and please just check if milkman has dropped milk packets on door or not…..!!!

She was talking non-stop doing her work but Abhimaan was lost somewhere and he was stuck on only one word “MAAN”….she has never addressed him “Maan” ever .she always used to address him with “ suniye jee” or Abhimaan sometimes, but never Maan. What has changed overnight? His wife seems to surprise him today, but whatever has changed it has changed for good and he likes this change very much. No one has ever called him “ Maan “ ever and he has never allowed anyone to call him with short names also but it sounds so good when she calls him with that.
With smile on his face he left kitchen to check upon the milk packets over the door. As he opened the door fresh morning rays peeped inside the house and spread its warmth all over. Maan also spread his arms and stretched himself to enjoy the morning rays as his heart was already filled with warmth her wife has showered on him. He picked up the milk packets and put them on the table and sat there with newspaper to know what is happening around the world but by putting much effort also he was not able to read a single paragraph. He could not able to stop his thoughts and eyes to roam around her wife who seems to change overnight. He kept on staring at her till she came in front of him to give him his morning tea. After giving him tea she hurriedly went into kids room to wake up” Abhi and Navya” . After waking them up she again went into kitchen to prepare breakfast and then shouted from there only to make myself ready either I will be late for my office. 
Taking a sigh I stand up and went toward my room to get ready and when I came out all ready, she was feeding my kids and arranging their bags also in between. I sat on the dining table and my children wish me morning. She brings me breakfast and bid Abhi & Navya good bye. She sat with me on the table serving me breakfast and having herself a cup of tea. I was so much curious to know what has changed over a night and while staring at her intently...

 I asked: why she called me “ Maan “ today.

At first she stared at me quietly and then slowly asked, don’t you like that?

I stared back at her and told, well! I love that but why all of a sudden you called me “maan”, you have never called me with this name before.

She replied back staring at me: aren’t you my pride, my husband and that’s why I called you that. You are my MAAN, my pride to be proud of.

And with her answer I felt myself going speechless though my heart filled with warmth, affection, care, trust and love for my wife who don’t talks about her feelings much but will make you feel that in its extreme form. I was overwhelmed. I feel blessed to have such a wonderful life partner, my soul mate, my MANVI.

I didn’t have words to express my feelings; I simply held her hands and kissed it. She blushed and her cheeks turned to dark sheds of pink and I whispered I LOVE YOU simply b’coz that’s all I had to say. she turn more pinker and asked me with fake anger to finish my breakfast ,either I will get late for my office and I laughed out loud to see my innocent wife trying to escape from my intense gazes and my lovely romantic sessions. Seeing me laughing first she stared at me with fake anger and then smiled warmly. This was a perfect morning start. I finished my breakfast and she handed me my bag and wallet and bid me good bye. I hurried for the office but then suddenly turned back and kissed her on her forehead and wished her bye. She smiled warmly at me and waved her hand.
With closing the doors after Maan has left I came and sat on the sofa and started thinking about the morning happenings and remembering the goodbye kiss and the talk on breakfast, I blushed. Does maan is this much romantic; I never knew this side of him. He was so sweet and in those moments I felt so blessed to have him in my life. I wonder what has changed overnight, and why all of a sudden I called him Maan when I never called him with this. Is he changed, or something changed in me overnight. And my thought suddenly went to diary my long lost companion which has always helped me to shape my life, which has always touched my life in a way no one can ever. So this change is nothing but the     " Midas touch " of my diary to my life again to make it more beautiful in every possible way….With realization I smiled and started reading newspaper because now I knew everything will going to be all right.
( Anshu )

No comments:

Post a Comment